Wednesday, September 17, 2008

new artwork

In the city acrylic

I painted in acrylic my own created object with maters that can be easily found in the urban setting, such as steel, rubber, grass, soil. This unique object was place on a parking lot with a typical apartment building in the background.



Newly Born 2007 oil

In this experimental study of blurry image, I focus on the new birth of tiny fresh leaves on the ground. I wanted to capture the peaceful and meaningful moments and celebrate the birth of new life on earth.


Climing 2007 acrylic, oil
This painting in oil and acrylic is my interpretation fo materialism in mordern society. Unfortunately most people tend to focus on the wealth and their possession. These subjects take a very huge role in defining their happiness and their sense of achievement. Through this piece of art, I convey the message that such a life in pursuit of big fortune is fruitless and vain. The blue uniformed mine workers are blinded by the flashy appearance of fake jewels. I reinterpret the futuristic structure as modern mining for instant fortune. Imagine 4 people try to mine red ruby in spite of high risk and danger and climb for big money, but it turns out to be useless. Through the choise complementary colors, pop-out effect is emphasized.

No comments: