Friday, July 4, 2008

paintings

Reach Out 2007 oil

This reflects my ordinary daily life. It represents the moment that I stretch my hand toward the alarm clock after a pleasant nap. My arm is reaching out to the alarm to turn off, because I had to wake up. However in my deep unconsciousness, I was very reluctant to reach the alarm and didn't really want to be disturbed.



Color Pencils 2007 oil

When I recently found these color pencils at the check counter of Opus, I was fascinated by the curly mixture of bright colors. This is a photo-realism painting of color pencils. Three different color pencils were placed on my glass coffee table like a canvas. I expressed the beauty of vivid colors as a whole and three different individual appearance of color pencils from different distance.

No comments: