Friday, July 4, 2008

WASTE 2 GO


Artist Statement (Waste 2 Go)




Instead of throwing away a large number of bottles daily, I was intrigued by this idea of repoducing, Milk 2 Go bottles, which is one of my favorite drink. Two sets of bottel mold case are my personal artistic response to the mass production of milk bottles. To create different visual effect on the box, I ripped the surface of a card board box leaving unexpectedly beauful aesthetic pattern. Making the milk bottles with wire mess and aluminiium foils, I wanted to emphasize that the plastic bottles people habitually dump can be recreated as beautiful and visually pleasing structual objects. Some of the bottles with missing parts represent the defects that are found during the mass production. The shiny reflection and flashy appearance of the bottles also imply our current futuristic trend of design.


No comments: