Friday, July 4, 2008

The Path to Maturity mixed media sculpture 2008


The Path to Maturity mixed media sculpture 2008
air-dry clay, print, magazines and books, acrylic
48cm by 38 cm by 60 cm
This particular artwork tells a story with a very special meaning about me. The head, made out of air-dry clay, is collaged with organized, patterned images of numerous library book stacks. As a senior high school student, I gradually spent more time in a library studying for exams. Slowly, the image of bookcases was embedded in my head becoming the source of inspiration for the surface of my head. These images represent my development of maturity and the amount of knowledge that I digested through my high school years. This peaceful and calm atmosphere of the library well relfects my personality.

No comments: